Task Force Sous Chef
Anchor TotalHR’s Task Force Division, specializing in temporary management support in the Hospitality sector, is in need of an experienced Task Force Sous Chef.
Job Description Summary:
The Task Force Sous Chef will provide both short and long-term Task Force coverage for full service properties within the U.S.
This individual is accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations receiving guidance and direction from the property Executive Chef and, as needed, Anchor’s Executive Director of Task Force Hospitality Task Force Operations
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Our goal is for assignments to follow consecutively, however, the timing of orders may necessitate breaks in assignments
• Use your culinary expertise to coordinate, plan, and oversee the safe production, preparation and presentation of food for exceptional guest experience and increased flow through. Work with the Executive Chef to improve processes that increase safety and optimize profitability.
• Enable an environment that’s engaging, where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
• Ensure smooth operations, and food and environmental safety, for the kitchen. Ensure labor and food costs fall within budget and kitchen equipment functions properly for associate safety and increased productivity.
Qualifications: Education, knowledge, training, and work experience
• Must have current or recent hotel task force experience
• One to two years post high school education or equivalent culinary education, with three to four years’ experience in a related position.
• Advanced knowledge of the food profession is required, with an understanding of food and beverage management.
• A food handling certificate is also required. Experiential knowledge in the management of people is expected.
• This is a high travel role.
At Anchor, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.